Monday, May 18, 2009

It started on a friday

I left my home in Northampton, MA not knowing what to expect. It took a good hour to get out to Millbury, MA where my partner in yoing (Jeff Coons) resides. Riding across the state along highway 90 I imagined what these shows would be like; if the audience would have any interest, if there would be an audience, and if there was would it would be different from the mom and pop toy store where I work. I arrived, after only losing track of where we were going once or twice, to the Coons residence. Jeff told me we had received a package from Duncan Yo-yos! Inside was our kit for the next 6 weeks of shows! There were dragonflies, imperials, butterflies, freehand 2's, stickers, temporary tattoos, shirts, and best of all, heart shaped string cutters that said "Duncan equals love". Jeff told me that the string cutters weren't to be distributed during the Toys 'R' Us shows because of the sharp and miniature string razor blade embedded in each of these plastic hearts. I ate some delicious curry and we played yo-yos late into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment